How do I create a new user in Windows XP?
For Windows XP Professional, the basic procedure for adding a user account is a follows:
- Right click on My Computer and choose Manage.
- Expand the Local Users and Groups section by clicking on the plus sign.
- Right click on the Users Folder, then choose Add User.
- Enter the new user name, full name, and password. It is recommended that you uncheck the User must change password box and then check the Password never expires box.
- Right click on the new user's name in the detail box on the right and select Properties.
- Click on the Member Of tab, then click Add button. Add the new account to the desired group, Power Users or Administrator.
- Click OK.
Help Desk and Customer Support Software by Parature